NAR Membership Forum 11.05.10
Mike Barnett’s definition of Virtual Tour is added at end
Top Ten Tech Tools
Independent surveys – phone calls – personal polls (09-01-10 to 11-01-10)
Have and are currently using in order of their preference – not a big whoop, but it’s the now defined norm of agents and brokers. Remember 70% of all agents make less than $500/mo.
- Cell Phone – Smart Phone – With Blue Tooth capability (hands free)
- Lap Top & Desk Top
- OS – PC or Mac – currently 85/15% in the real estate industry
- Tablet or iPAD – < 20% use
- Microsoft Office even in MAC OS
- Email w/Outlook still the preference
- Virtual Tours
- Digital Camera – Wide angle lenses
Video Camera – FlipVideo quickly becoming the norm
- GPS Navigational System – Garmin is preferred
- Website with IDX – Company/Personal
- Electronic Lock Box (keyless entry)
- 10. Zip Forms/Google Docs
Top Thirteen Tech Strategies – Tools & Beyond
Today’s technology has created a platform for MASSIVE change
DON’T START WITH TECHNOLOGY START WITH PURPOSE
- MOBILE TECHNOLOGY – in less than 20 years the web has become the default channel of communication for almost 1/3 of the world’s population.
The computer in your smart phone is a million times cheaper, a thousand times more powerful, a hundred million times smaller, than the first computer installed at MIT in 1965.
Smart Phone Communication – iPAD
- Everything easily viewable on smart phone
- Speak to Text apps – texting while driving is an unacceptable behavior
i. Android VLINGO (free)
ii. iPhone Dragon Dictation
- Mobilizing your data
http://Boopsie.com booth 2214
- Organizational Tools (see below)
- Live Video Broadcasting Apps (see Video below)
The Next Level is the Game Level (Number of Gamers in the world exceeds the number of users of Social Media) Gretsky skate where the puck will be!
Watch the movie Prudential Georgia “Gaming Real Estate”
2. Your Website as a Blog! GOOGLE LOVES IT!
a. Great Example Jordan Baris Inc.
b. ActiveRain – 200,000 member real estate Blog Site – Rated A+
c. RealTown – Active top technology agent blog
3. High Speed Wireless Card – MUST HAVE!
4. SOCIAL MEDIA INITIATIVE
Social Media is driving techno-evolution by sheer numbers. Face Book has 500 million users. If it were a country, it would be the 3rd largest between China and the US. Twitter will have 200 Billion Tweets by the end of 2010. Business MUST get Social.
“Socializing on the Internet is to Socializing What Reality TV is to Reality!”
- a. Rules
i. Use Social Media to portray your professional character & qualities.
ii. Do not sell
iii. It’s not an EGO Tool
iv. It’s used to Create Social Awareness & Build Your Brand!
b. Where to be –
i. LinkedIn - Everyone must have a LinkedIn Account – Where have employment agencies gone? LinkedIn
iii. Face Book
Access to a growing universe of data gives us the opportunity to make better and smarter decisions.
Deep Dives slices of the market “Mind share leads to market share”
A new JUMP
SOCIAL & CONTEXT ANALYTICS!
c. Organize your Social Profile
http://SocialMedia.RossiSpeaks.com for a fun video on the SPEED OF CHANGES that Social Media has brought about.
5. Listing Syndication
Syndication is evolving…from web portals to cell phones to… Data…data…data.
- Ecosystems of innovation will be evolving around the data…
- Ecosystems of Education will evolve around online communities.
- Tomorrows successful real estate professional will understand that they must figure out how to remain in the center of an ongoing conversation with consumers. – Saul Klein
Social and Context Analytics
GREAT Listing Syndicator – 3 months FREE
- Google Base
- Face Book
- Front Door
- Number one selecting key on REALTOR.com ‘show me only listings with Virtual Tours’.
- All purchasing is emotional – one way to generate emotion on a static website – VIDEO.
- Hot Site – Great Provider Property Panorama
3D Tours with Property Panorama
YouTube – billions can’t be wrong
There were more videos uploaded on YouTube in the last two months than if ABC, NBC, and CBS had delivered content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week since 1948. – Gartner
- Video all Listings
- Personal Video Bio
- Video Testimonials
- g. Live Video Streaming & Broadcast from Cell Phone apps
i. http://Bambuser.com Live Virtual Open House – Property Tours – Area Tours – Classes
SCVNGR Watch these Videos
Today’s Videography by
Kyle Nuckolls of
- 7. Electronic Signatures
http://DocuSign.com (REALTOR endorsed)
- 8. Organizational Tools – Cloud Computing
i. Complete Lists
- Listing Widget
- 10. Mobile Marketing
- ‘Short Codes’ drive consumers to your URL’s
- You may have used one to reach this list – Text Rossi to 82257 –
- ProTexting 10% off first order
- This is how you got to this FIRST EVER Live Outline GREEN
- You text Rossi to 82257 then received auto responder with a link and now IN CLASS You got EVERYTHING in you Mobile Device it’s called a short code
- Real Estate Application for short codes
- Text pru12 t0 32323 and see what you get!
- QR Codes – Below is my QR Code Business Card
- GAMING – SCVNGR Mashable News
- 11. Interactive Websites
Call me NOW
- 12. Individual Property URL’s
- Agency Logic GREAT PRODUCT & SERVICE
- Agency Logic GREAT PRODUCT & SERVICE
This presentation is available for your office – board – or association CONTACT ANY OR ALL OF THE PRESENTERS!
Mobile Media Directed is an Idea that ROSSI Speaks wants one and all to use,
To View outline online
thanks for your participation.
Can you define Virtual Tour?
Have you ever been in a conversation with a group of people about a particular topic and quickly realized that everyone seemed to be talking about something different?
That is how I feel when I hear people discussing ‘Virtual Tours’.
For instance, what would your reply be if I asked you “What is a virtual tour?”
The answers I have heard have varied more than they’ve been similar. In fact, confusion about “what is” and “what isn’t” a virtual tour is rampant.., and maybe, as we will see, this might be rightfully so.
When I was first trying to answer the question myself, my first attempt at a definition of a virtual tour was…, a simulation (of sorts), probably comprised of two or more visual components (scenes), that allows for the viewer to immerse themselves into what they are trying to simulate. I also concluded that to me…, a virtual tour gives users the ability to ‘browse’ around (and/or through) something (or maybe nothing).
When examining the reason for confusion around virtual tours, it became obvious to me that the real problem stems from the fact that there are many different ‘types’ of visual products that are being utilized today, most of which are referred to as virtual tours, and what makes matters worse is more products are being created even as I am typing this article…, only to be compounded by the fact that there is no definitive place to straighten out all the confusion…
To help facilitate the process and to give us a place to define all the terms, features, functionality and pros and cons of different types of virtual tours, I have created “TourTalk”, a free group on the oldest, most respected real estate social networking internet site, RealTown, http://Realtown.com/TourTalk.
TourTalk was created as an “open forum’, and is “your place” to talk about “anything” AND “everything” about tours of all types.
At TourTalk you can easily learn all about tours and then, if you like, make yourself heard by expressing your comments, questions, and concerns or needs. Best of all, TourTalk has commitments from “virtual tour experts” who will quickly reply or point you in the right direction.
Another important aspect is all the different virtual tour vendors are invited to participate in TourTalk. We hope they do participate to answer your concerns and questions or to accept your praise.
If you don’t see your favorite friends or vendors participating on TourTalk, just invite them to visit http://Realtown.com/TourTalk. With all of their participation, TourTalk will get better and better, because ‘no one is as smart as everyone” (Kevin Kelly).
As you will see when visiting TourTalk, I have populated the group with a few documents including a feature comparison chart broken down by vendors and a Glossary.
The Glossary (and all documents/postings) has the functionality to allow TourTalk’ers to make suggestions. Please feel free to browse the Glossary at anytime, and make comments to it if you think they need changing.
Of course, when creating the Glossary for TourTalk, one of the terms in the glossary had to be ‘virtual tours’…, and I was trying to figure out what should be the ‘starting’ point’.
Starting point? Yes.., starting point, because all the terms in the glossary will be updated based on your comments and input. But I (and the virtual tour community for that matter) need a starting point…, and hopefully one that was somewhat neutral, especially if it is going to be the focal point of the group itself.
So, I consulted with a few experts that surround me and came up with a plan and after completing the plan came up with the starting point.
As you see in the TourTalk glossary, the definition of virtual tour is:
A virtual tour is a simulation of a place (or thing), existing or imaginary, that is usually composed of one or more digital images (of any type) often called scenes. Virtual tours may also include any of the other multimedia elements such as sound effects, music, narration, and text.
I encourage you to visit Tour Talk to see the full article.. “the History of the starting definition of virtual tour in TourTalk.”
See you in TourTalk….
CIO Property Panorama, Inc.