- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, cream oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition until creamy.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, alternating with buttermilk and ending with flour. Beat after each addition.
- Stir in figs and pecans. Bake 40-45 minutes, until top springs back when touched. Then, let cake cool 10 minutes and then invert onto serving plate. Next, pour Glaze (recipe follows) over hot cake. [I take a chopstick and pierce the cake copiously so the Glaze seeps inside. It will last for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator the glaze inside the cake crystalizes and gives you little crunchy bites]
- In small nonstick pot, combine all ingredients except vanilla and bring to boil 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and pour over hot cake.
The Original Recipe was taken from Healthy Cooking Blog – I have altered it above and it is now one of our family favorites.